what "don'ts" do inspire you?
As its a long weekend back here in Vilnius, I decided to put my serious assignments aside and give myself some time to exercise something I would not normally do, just to give my brains a break. So the exercise was to illustrate few things I hate most in illustration and pop-culture in general, so those were:
- pocket-sized pet fetishism
- pink+purple color scheme
- photoshop use without knowing how to use it (pixelated, oversaturated, all-effects-on images without any irony)
- cute stitching patterns
- over-the-top cuteness although I love over-the-top aesthetics in general
- all sort of non-ironical kitsch especially kitsch in politics
- someone looking from the image straight to a viewer.
- no-questions-asked, no-provocation, no-thought-involved advertising/design
- cult of beauty
- those scary cat-patterned bags I see everywhere I go