Innovation--The Missing Dimension by Richard K. Lester
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Read it only because it was in a literature list for my MA course, but it is a decent read, especially if you have nothing to do on an airplane.
The upside of the book:
• Not too overly-positive or overly-optimistic (as most of such books are).
• Case-study based: focuses on innovations in different sectors - from jeans to high-tech industry.
• Investigates universities role in innovating (my favorite chapter), though only in the context of the US.
• Some of the cases studies seemed a bit old (e.g. the birth of mobile phone technology).
• Case studies didn't seem to lead to a larger conclusion.
View all my reviews