Welcome to my illustration portfolio.
I am Kotryna Zukauskaite aka Kata, a freelance illustrator currently working from Vilnius, Lithuania (though my life experience also includes living in London and Moscow).
Next to creating art for clients, I am also doing a MA course at UAL (Central Saint Martin's).
My head is full of random scientific and historic facts that are not connected in any logical order but it helps to start a conversation.
or contact my Art Rep Joanie Bernstein:
(includes, but is not limited to):
The Washington Post : : : The Wall Street Journal : : : T Brand Studio for The New York Times : : : Scientific American : : : The Boston Globe : : : Appelberg : : : Smithsonian Magazine : : : New Scientist : : : CIFAR : : : New York Observer : : : Variety : : : Mother Jones : : : The Village Voice : : : Advertising Age : : : Star Tribune : : : McKinsey Quarterly : : : In Vivo Magazine : : : ALM : : : MIT Technology : : : Stanford Medicine Magazine : : : JPMorgan Chase & Co. : : : Hanley Wood : : : Johns Hopkins : : : Experience Life Magazine : : : NYU Law Magazine : : : Harvard Law Bulletin : : : Morningstar Advisor : : : BDO Luxembourg : : : Union Postale : : : Moskito Agency : : : Milken Institute Review : : : Manifest : : : Arithmetic Creative : : : Deloitte Press : : : Global Management Consulting : : : Jacobin Magazine : : : Random house : : : MFE Conference : : : 5280 Magazine : : : Clark Alumni : : : Money Magazine : : : Ink Global : : : Seven : : : Stanford Lawyer : : : BerkeleyHaas Magazine : : : Pace : : : MerchantCantos, Brunswick Review : : : Hemispheres Magazine : : : Opto Design : : : Evolution Magazine : : : Radcliffe Magazine : : : Military Officer : : : Xo Group : : : HERO Marketing : : : Savills : : : Alma Littera publishing : : : Wombi (apps) : : : NU Property & Casualty Magazine : : : CSP Business Media : : : and others.
If you would like to see children illustration examples (books, apps, other), please contact me directly.
(includes, but is not limited to):
• Editorial illustration • Popular Science & Technology • Corporate illustration • Annual Reports • Data, Charts & other Info graphics • Economics • Finances, Investing, Makets, Banking, Money • Law • Business, Strategy & Leadership issues • Professional or Institutional issues • Metaphors, Symbols & other figures of speech • Patterns • Schemes and Structures (tetris, origami, lego, etc) • any other challenging assignment
I studied product design at Vilnius Academy of Arts in Lithuania, but left early to do a BA in illustration, each year of which was a different place: the University of Hertfordshire, the British Higher School of Art and Design in Moscow, and Kingston University.
• NEWS! (2017 – ) MA Arts and Cultural Enterprise at UAL, Central Saint Martins (London, UK)
• Kingston University (UK), Bachelor of Arts with Honours, Illustration & Animation, 3rd y. - direct transfer to the final year from BHSAD
• British Higher School of Art & Design, BHSAD (Moscow) - Illustration & Graphic design, 2nd y. BA (student exchange year)
• University of Hertfordshire (UK) - Illustration & Graphic design, 1st y. BA
• Vilnius Academy of Arts (Lithuania) - Industrial & Graphic design, 2 years of foundation course and 1st & 2nd y. of BA
• Justinas Vienozinskis School of Art (Lithuania) - Fine Arts, 4 years of after-school art studies.
• Vilnius Antakalnis Secondary School, High School Diploma
• Granted the Status of Art Creator by Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania, 2016
• VOXART.lt, interview, summer 2015
• Late Night Coffee illustration featured on the cover and inside the book: Just Add Watercolor: Inspiration and Painting Techniques from Contemporary Artists by Helen Birch, spring 2015
• Talent Garden Kaunas, public lecture, spring 2015
• 5/5/Junior, public lecture, National Gallery of Arts, Vilnius, spring 2015
• POCKO, work show-cased, sumer 2014
• Laikas.lt, interview, March 2012
• Digital Arts magazine, work show-cased, interview, May 2011, preview
• 3x3 Merit winner in animation category (professional show), 2010
• Creative Quarterly, place in online gallery, issue 17 (published on Dec, 2009)
• D&AD student awards, IN BOOK, 2009 (music video for "Pigsy in Space")
• Vodka Russian Standard, Christmas communication piece, winner, 2008, live project in BHSAD, Moscow
• Haarlem Stripdagen, bi-annual event on a theme of Eastern European illustration, June 2010, Netherlands
• End-year show, (as an ex-student), June 2010, BSHAD, Moscow
• Stick 'em up #2, June 2010, LBI, London
• Degree show Stick 'em up, June 2010, Kingston University, London
• End-year show, June 2009, BSHAD, Moscow
• Mistakes, 20/21-12-2008, in Project Fabric, Moscow
All illustrations published in this online portfolio ©Kotryna Zukauskaite, 2010-2016